- Stand with one foot forward and one foot back, feet hip width apart and ensure hips are facing forward
- Raise the heel of the back foot off the ground. Make sure your weight is evenly distributed
- Keep your chest high and gently contract the buttock of the back leg
- Slowly drop your body straight down towards the ground
- On the up phase, ensure pressure is even through your two feet
- Repeat 10-12 times each side x 2
Friday, September 24, 2010
Exercise of the month - The basic lunge
I am often asked what exercises are best to help tone and strengthen the legs and butt, that can be done anywhere...at home, in the park or down the beach.
As many of my clients will know, I love the lunge! It is a great ‘functional exercise’ as it mimics many of our daily activity behaviours such as walking and running, just in a more exaggerated fashion. You don’t need any fancy equipment, just a bit of clear space and a ‘can do’ attitude!
Basic static lunge
Add this exercise to your daily routine and watch those legs get stronger and leaner!
Let your health shine!