- Stand with one foot forward and one foot back, feet hip width apart and ensure hips are facing forward
- Raise the heel of the back foot off the ground. Make sure your weight is evenly distributed
- Keep your chest high and gently contract the buttock of the back leg
- Slowly drop your body straight down towards the ground
- On the up phase, ensure pressure is even through your two feet
- Repeat 10-12 times each side x 2
Friday, September 24, 2010
I am often asked what exercises are best to help tone and strengthen the legs and butt, that can be done anywhere...at home, in the park or down the beach.
As many of my clients will know, I love the lunge! It is a great ‘functional exercise’ as it mimics many of our daily activity behaviours such as walking and running, just in a more exaggerated fashion. You don’t need any fancy equipment, just a bit of clear space and a ‘can do’ attitude!
Basic static lunge
Add this exercise to your daily routine and watch those legs get stronger and leaner!
Let your health shine!
After one of the coldest winters for many years we can all rejoice that spring has finally arrived! It’s time to peel off those layers, venture outside and play in the sunshine.
We often spend this time spring cleaning our houses, emptying the cupboards and getting rid of the clutter we no longer need. Spring is also the perfect time to spring clean our health and begin new and healthy habits. Follow these 5 quick tips for a healthier you this spring!
- Revise your menu plans and bring them up to date with the range of fresh new spring produce hitting the shops now.
- Now that winter is over, we can pack away the slow cooker and casserole dishes. It is time to move on from high carbohydrate, heavy comforting winter meals.
- Bring out the wok and experiment with different vegetables and herbs to make tasty and healthy stir fry's.
- Have at least one salad a day, either at lunch or dinner. Try some different lettuce leaves and add the usual suspects like tomato and cucumber but then mix it up a bit with some legumes and roasted vegetables.
- Increase your water intake as the days get warmer.
Not only will these tips help you feel fantastic for spring, they will help you to provide your body with exactly what it needs for a healthier, more vibrant you!
0413 378 250