Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Small steps

Well how easy was that?!

I have been ummm-ing and aaaaaghh-ing over whether or not to start a blog over the last few months. Why? Numerous reasons actually....what exactly would I write about? Do I have enough knowledge to write about the things that I am passionate about at least once a week? What would people think of my posts? And the lists goes on.

Have you ever experienced a situation like that? You give yourself every reason NOT to do things but never enough reasons as to why you SHOULD do things! It's interesting when we dig down and have a look at the REAL reason behind our decisions....or indecision in my case.

So what was my REAL reason for not pursuing the blog a little sooner? Fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of exposure, fear of what it may create, fear of what people think. Isn't it amazing how much we let fear get in the way of what we really want?

So here I am, words on the page, totally exposed for all to see. And guess what?! it feels great! There is still a slight niggle but overall I feel I have recognised the fear so now the only way is up! (That reminds me of a song...The Only way is up, baby, for you and me now!...must be an 80's tune!)

I am not saying that all fear conquering will be as easy as what I have described but sometimes making the small steps in dealing with our fear issues in life help to make the larger ones a whole lot easier.

So....here's to the first of many blogs and to making the small steps in conquering our fears!!

Have a great day and be your best!

Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment